Sunday, December 21, 2008

Temple Square

 

Visiting Temple Square at anytime during the year is always a great experience, however when it is during this time of year it really brings home the true meaning of Christmas. It is amazing the intensity of the spirit present, the over whelming sense of love that is felt is undeniable. Ever since Gary’s first Christmas I have never played the role of Santa Claus. I have always been concerned the all too often Christmas has been centered on Santa and what am I going to get. So, the kids have grown up knowing there is no Santa which I think has made it easy to focus on Christ. Don’t get me wrong the kids get gifts from each other and from Mom and Dad, they just don’t have the added distraction of Santa. So going to Temple Square is all the more enjoyable. It must be the best display of Christmas lights anywhere. Our annual event is filled with wonderment and awe as we took in the lights, decorations and nativity scenes surrounding the temple. I have always been so impressed with the amount of detail and dedication it takes to wrap the trees so completely in lights. It must take weeks of work to prepare for the Christmas Season, all done for us who go to partake of the beauty and spirit present, yet another gift to enjoy and show gratitude for.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mel said...

yay! I am so glad you do that too, well not do really, the whole santa claus deal. I cannot tell you how many people oppose NOT doing santa claus but I just can't. I want my kids to know and believe in Jesus Christ, not santa. this post has made me so happy. :)