
This year has been the best Christmas ever. I know it is because of Evan and Mada J. For the first time since my dad died, it felt like my family was complete. They have made our family whole. Evan is the father the kids have always wanted and needed. He is the greatest husband and best friend I could ever wish for. Heavenly Father truly understood and saw the need of me and the kids. Evan filled the big hole that was in our hearts and lives. We have truly been blessed this year. Evan and I must be the only parents who have to wake up our kids for Christmas. I didn’t think it was possible to be more excited for Christmas as an adult than as a kid, but I was soooo wrong. I love the weeks leading up to Christmas, all the traditions and most of all Christmas morning. I love watching the kid’s faces as they open their presents. This year the girls have enjoyed their DS games and the boys their new puppy, Captain Strom Dragon. As a special and utterly ridiculous gift I made Evan an outfit out of emergency blankets. It was more of sentimental gift than a useful gift. It was a tribute to the movie that brought us together “Rocketman”. It made Evan both laugh and cry at the same time, as it did for me. It was a very magical Christmas.










No comments:
Post a Comment