Friday, January 23, 2009

Gary's Dragon






This is the dragon that has been drawn on Gary’s wall for the last 2 years. When we asked Gary what he wanted for his birthday he said simply “I would really like my dragon to be finished”. My sister stared drawing the dragon on the wall when we moved into the house; however she was not able to finish it. I have no artistic ability when it comes to drawing. After many months of watching Evan “doodle” in church I was easily convinced that he could finish the dragon. Of course what he considers “doodles”, I consider amazing drawings. Evan was able to finish the drawing the dragon in a matter of a few hours. All I could do was sit back and say “wow that looks great!” I had the task of painting the dragon. I was very concerned about painting it; I have never painted any type of drawing. With Evan’s encouragement and persuasion, I started painting the dragon while he was at a Boy Scout camp with Gary. Little by little I finished the painting the dragon while Evan was at work, with the exception of the wings. I did not want to destroy the nearly finished dragon by painting the wings in the wrong way. We completed the dragon 3 days before Gary’s birthday. Gary has been very pleased and excited that his room is finally finished and so are we. My Evan is so talented; I could have never finished it without him. He has been so busy with work, but in his spare time (which he has none of) he diligently worked to finish our son’s room to try to make his 12th birthday special. I am so blessed to have Evan as my husband and father to our children. He has been the father to them that I had always prayed for and the husband I have always dreamed of.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: