Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Xander - Innocence of Youth and Time!


So todayI am down stairs getting Xander (Mr. Pants) some breakfast. Our dialog was as follows:

Me: "Xander, when is the last time you took a shower?"
Mr. Pants: "Ummm. I think it was Saturday."
Me: "Well, I don't remember you taking a bath yesterday, are you sure?"
Mr. Pants: "Yeah. It wasn't yesterday."
Me: "Do you remember when it was from earlier this week?"
Mr. Pants: "Ummm. It was Monday. That is when I took a bath last."
Me: "Monday! That was 6 days ago! That is a long time! You definitely need to take a bath before Church!"
Mr. Pants: "Dad! Monday wasn't a long time ago. A long time ago was 1840!"

That just goes to prove that if haven't bathed since the 1840's you are okay!

2 comments:

rachel demartin said...

oh, i love it when kids say random but true things. like isabella's quote wall at school. check out her preschool blog...saramaxfield.blogspot.com i'm kind of nerveous about letting her out of the house sometimes.

Julie Jardine said...

Cute story! I'm glad you have it written down. I always think that I should write down the cute things my kids say. It will be fun for him to read that later!